Thursday, January 28, 2010

Wrinkled Nails Rant

Good Morning! Yesterday I went to Ulta and took advantage of the buy two get one free deal on OPI polishes. I picked up Ink, Tickle my France-y, and Parlez Vous OPI. I also got one of the new spring colors from Essie Van D'Go (more on that later).

Late last night I decided to redo my mani with Parlez Vous OPI, its a really nice purple gray color, more purple that Sephora by OPI's Metro Chic. Anyway due to my tired-ness and impatience I went to bed soon after finishing my mani. I woke up this morning with WRINKLED nails! I have to say it's a good thing I didn't have any plans until this afternoon because I hate leaving my house with a ruined mani.

It's is honestly a pet peeve of mine, I hate chipped polish or sloppy tips. One of my very best friends used to only do her nails when we would go out dancing and of course she would do them like five minutes before we left. Some of her fingers looked like she had dipped them in the nail polish, others were streaky. It would annoy me just to see them.

I don't know about you my fellow nail polish-ers but things like that bother me. It is my belief that if you can't take the time to do them properly don't do them at all and when you nails are chipped and there is seriously only a speck of nail polish left on your nail please take it off!! Ok that's it just needed to get that out, I am off to redo my nails.

**Edit, I totally forgot about the Essie, did anyone else have problems with van d'go?My bottle was really goopy and thick, and definitely needs to be thinned.

1 comment:

  1. Ugh, I hate when that happens! I tried an Orly on Sunday and sat around letting them dry for over an hour, then carefully went about my day - I dented, wrinkled, or flat out ruined every single nail! ugh! so I didn't even get to take a picture :( lol.

    ReplyDelete